Your Exit Sign was designed to work in an emergency, and a universal battery backup is vital if your power supply is ever compromised. More and more states and localities are requiring Exit Signs with a battery backup, as the most reliable way to know your Exit Sign will light the way, even in a power outage or if wiring is severed.
In combination with energy-saving LED lighting, your Exit Sign can be a power-saving and self-reliant emergency unit for years to come. Exit signs powered by batteries offer greater reliability than strictly AC powered signs. Our Exit Signs use a tough, rechargeable Sealed Lead Acid battery and an environmentally coated, solid-state charger. Nickel Cadmium and non-spill Sealed Lead Acid Batteries offer the best life and versatility for our premium Exit signs, which is why we use them for all of our powered Exit Signs. For simple, reliable battery operation, choose an Exit Sign with a self-powered, battery backup.
• Battery operation gets your signs "off of the grid" when you need it the most.
• Sealed Lead Acid Batteries are rechargeable with a solid-state charger. Batteries are 6-Volt and premium-grade for maximum reliability and life.
• Self-testing/self-diagnostic battery options are also available. Click on any model for more information.
• All of our battery-powered Exit Signs are UL924 approved.
• Some of our models offer a premium Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) battery option as well.