• AlumaGlow™ signs are ideal for quick installation - without wiring. Sign is made of heavy-duty, 60 mil thick aluminum.
• The sign meets and exceeds the observation visibility criteria required for UL-924 "Emergency Lighting and Power Equipment" meets NFPA Life Safety Code 101 requirements. These UL924/ULC signs are approved for 50 feet of legible viewing distance.
• Sign is non-radioactive, non-toxic and flame retardant. The sign features a uniform legend illumination. Photoluminescent Material is applied directly onto the aluminum body - without the use of plastic or vinyl. Sign does not need batteries and is explosion-proof. There is no need for future HazMat disposal.
• Install AlumaGlow™ photoluminescent EXIT signs only in locations that have an external illumination source. This source must be reliable and supplied by a circuit not controlled by automatic timers or sensors, and whose controls are accessible only to authorized personnel. This reliable external illumination source is to be energized at all times during building occupancy.
• AlumaGlow™ signs are legible from 50 feet. For a charging light source, 5 foot-candles of fluorescent light must be present on the sign face at all times during building occupancy. After it is exposed under to this light for 60 minutes, it will be visible and legible in total darkness to observers standing 50 feet away from the sign 90 minutes after all light has been extinguished.
• Photoluminescent pigment has a design life expectancy of 20 years+.
• Mount the AlumaGlow™ exit signs with four screws. Signs have four holes.
• Lock-in chevrons are included with each sign. You may field install these chevrons. Chevrons are mechanically fastened to the base plate. Chevrons are photoluminescent.